Below are only a few selected pages from my sketchbook of the research I did to get an idea of where I want this project to go. From a brainstorm I wasn’t entirely sure what to look at so thought the claws of my beastie could be a start. Possibly look at the effects of the venom injected when you’re pinched by the claw or of the different shapes. However I decided to look into every aspect to the beastie. I did some secondary research in the library gathering any images I find inspiring. I then worked from this research then moving on to looking at the pattern on the creature, the patterns on the claws, the marks left behind after the beastie and repeating patterns.
I looked at the marbled effect on lobster claws and recreated it with nail polish in water as I had no ink. I love this work I have created. I think it’s so effective and so I also went onto editing it on my laptop and found within the pattern there is a shall formation.
My beastie leaves behind a chicken foot print as the feet are from a chicken. I wanted to try something new so I melted wax and then imprinted the footprint using toothpicks as I couldn’t find a chicken foot anywhere not even the local butchers.